Our 2020/2021 AGM will be November 4, 2020, at 1900 via zoom
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the zoom link, agenda, 2019 minutes, budget, and the Chair’s annual report if you did not receive it already.
All parents are invited to attend, however, only those who have completed their screening are permitted to vote.
We will be electing our executive committee at this AGM. We need to elect 4-6 people to make up the committee. Once elected, the committee fills the roles of Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, and members at large. Descriptions of these roles are listed below.
If you would like to be nominated to be a member of the executive, please contact the current chair, Rebecca Ladd at email@example.com or volunteer during the AGM. We are currently needing to fill at least two vacancies in our executive, specifically, secretary and treasurer roles (our previous treasurer will be available for training and is hoping to move into the position of Vice-Chair).
• As an elected director of the society the Chair is the Spokesperson for the Society.
• Presides over all meetings or delegates an elected Director to do so.
• Liaises with the Commanding Officer.
• Ensures all members understand their roles.
• Appoints committees in accordance with the bylaws.
• Reports to the BCPC through the League Representative.
•Serves in the absence of the Chair.
•Performs such duties as is identified in the bylaws or is assigned by the chair.
• Records meeting minutes, includes AGM.
•. Notifies members of the date of the Society’s Annual General Meeting.
• Performs such duties as is identified in the bylaws or is assigned by the Chair.
• Keeps records of all income and expenses and prepares monthly financial statements.
• Responsible for filing financial documents required by the Air Cadet League of Canada (BC Committee) Revenue Canada and the Registrar of Societies where needed, when needed.
• Prepares an annual budget for approval.
• Members-at-Large assist the Board of Directors with tasks in the general responsibilities of the society.
• A Member-at-large regularly oversees Sub-Committees in the Society.