Mandatory Tuesday Parade Night:
|1815 (6:15pm)||1825 (6:25pm)||Arrival Of Cadets & Fall-In|
|1830 (6:30pm)||1850 (6:50pm)||Opening Parade|
|1855 (6:55pm)||1925 (7:25pm)||Training Period 1|
|1930 (7:30pm)||2000 (8:00pm)||Training Period 2|
|2000 (8:00pm)||2020 (8:20pm)||Canteen Break|
|2025 (8:25pm)||2055 (8:55pm)||Training Period 3|
|2100 (9:00pm)||Closing Parade|
|2130 (9:30pm)||Cadets Dismissed|
[Due to Covid-19 Parents can no longer enter the building during training] In past training years, parents were encouraged to come into the hangar at any time to observe and, in particular, at about 9:00 p.m. when announcements and signups were taking place. Parents can now find updates under the announcements section.
What Is The CO’s Parade?
CO’s Parade (CO = Commanding Officer) takes place the first Tuesday of each month. Parents and family are welcome to come in and take a seat, observe the formal parade and inspection by our CO Capt Brenda Aumonier (and often a guest). This is usually the time that rank advancements will take place, as well as presentation of special awards or medals. Please attend, you are never sure if your cadet will be a deserved recipient!
Cadets please bring $1 or $2 for canteen/snack.
Announcements regarding CADET EVENTS will be announced on Tuesday nights. To stay informed and receive accurate information, come into the hangar for opening and/or closing ceremonies each Tuesday night.
Tuesday night announcements. We encourage all parents to come in every Tuesday night to watch the squadron “fall in” at 6:15 and again at 9:00. Squadron Announcements are presented at the end of “fall-in” as well as warning orders. PLEASE join us.
If you have any questions or would just like to sit and have a coffee/tea and chat, you are always welcome to join us in the Sponsoring Committee office!
We have an updated calendar in the hangar lobby, and we will be posting pertinent information on our bulletin board outside the office regularly.
All activities are listed in the Squadron Calendar.
- Fam Flying
- Gliding – once in the fall, once in the spring. Takes place at Comox. Bus picks up and drops off at the squadron. It is an all day event.
- Tag Day – Major Fund Raiser. Once in the fall, once in the spring. Cadets in Uniform are given a designated spot in Qualicum Beach or Parksville to collect donations.
- This is one of the easiest fundraisers our cadets do.
- Field Training Exercise (FTX) – 2 times a year. Friday – Sunday. You may be required to drive them to the training location
- Parades – Remembrance Day, Qualicum Beach Family Day, Battle of the Atlantic
- Poppy Sales (November)
- Squadron Christmas Party
- Dinner and Dessert Auction – March @ Qualicum Beach Legion
- Qualicum Beach Family Day – last weekend in May
First year Cadets qualify for “general training” camp. Two weeks (most likely at Albert Head, outside Victoria)
Second year and above Cadets qualify for a range of camps. 3-6 weeks can be Comox, Cold Lake, Albert Head, St. Jean, Quebec and International.
- Canada Aerospace Agency (St. Jean, Quebec)
Sign-up starts in November
Cadets are paid $60 per week to attend camp
“Warning Orders” are given out for any off site activities. It gives instructions on the event and there is a permission slip to sign and return. Cadets will receive warning orders the Tuesday before the activity. It is IMPORTANT that you are in the hangar to get accurate information and ask questions if you have any.