CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR SSC EXECUTIVE
WHAT IS THE SSC?
The Squadron Sponsoring Committee (SSC) is like the Parent Advisory Council (PAC) at school. We are made up of parents/guardians who volunteer their time to raise and manage funds for cadet activities that fall outside of those covered by the Department of National Defence (DND), pay for and maintain the hangar, execute the screening process of volunteers, and assist the Commanding Officer and staff with any other requests.
We are needing to fill some positions on our executive committee to continue operating. If we do not have enough volunteers to set up a proper executive, our squadron cannot operate. Members of the executive must be able to meet once per month (date tbd once the executive is established).
Below is a list of positions to be filled (we currently have 2 nominations for the 5 seats):
- As an elected director of the society the Chair is the Spokesperson for the Society.
- Presides over all meetings or delegates an elected Director to do so.
- Liaises with the Commanding Officer.
- Ensures all members understand their roles.
- Appoints committees in accordance with the bylaws.
- Reports to the BCPC through the League Representative and submitting regular paperwork.
- Serves in the absence of the Chair.
- Performs such duties as is identified in the bylaws or is assigned by the chair.
- Records monthly meeting minutes, including AGM.
- Notifies members of the date of the Society’s Annual General Meeting.
- Performs such duties as identified in the bylaws or as assigned by the Chair.
- Keeps records of all income and expenses and prepares monthly financial statements.
- Responsible for filing financial documents required by the Air Cadet League of Canada (BC Committee) Revenue Canada and the Registrar of Societies where needed, when needed.
- Prepares an annual budget for approval.
**Our current treasurer has been in this position for the past 6 years and will be moving to a new executive position so she will be available to help train a new treasurer. BCPC also has training videos on their website and are very efficient at responding to requests for assistance.
Members-at-Large (these seats are only filled when the other four are taken):
- Members-at-Large assist the Board of Directors with tasks in the general responsibilities of the society.
- A Member-at-large regularly oversees Sub-Committees in the Society.
If you would like to volunteer for a seat on the executive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be holding our AGM on October 19, 2021 at 7:15 pm via zoom.